Calves often regress after relocating from calf igloos to group pens in a regular cowshed. This can be prevented with VDK Agrigroup hutches. The calves remain outside in the fresh air up to an age of about 3 months. Disease pressure is a lot lower here than inside a shed for young cows. The group hutches naturally have all the strengths of the VDK Agri calf igloos.
- Suitable for housing 5 or 10 calves.
- Galvanised, patented fencing (EP 1.138.196).
- Made of fibreglass-reinforced polyester, which guarantees a prolonged service life and shade temperatures in the summer.
- Excellent ventilation due to the openings in the roof.
- Equipped with lifting eyes as standard, so easy to move.
- Fence equipped with anchoring system.
- The smooth inside layer prevents bacterial growth and is easy to clean.
- Fence can be easily removed from the hutch.
- A removable front fence makes it easy to lock the calves inside the hutch.
- Easy access to the hutch via the gate in the side fence.
- Capacity is ideal for letting groups of calves of the same age go in-out at the same time.
- The system provides a perfect view.
The VDK Agri group hutches are available in two different versions:
- VDK Agri XL-5
- VDK Agri XL-10
You can opt for the hutches to be supplied with a threshold, locking gate or fence.