The Hybrid is a unique accommodation concept for calves, in which the calves are housed outdoors both individually and in small groups. This allows the calves to stay in the same hutch from day one up to an age of three months. We will be happy to inform you of the advantages of the Hybrid:
- A good microclimate: the shape of the hutch and the adjustable flap provide a good microclimate in all weather conditions.
- Small groups "all-in, all-out": the animals are not moved from individual pens to group pens. This saves on labour and reduces stress levels for the calves. The small, stable groups aged up to three months in combination with an easy-to-clean "all-in, all-out" system also have a positive effect on animal health.
- Flexible layout: from individual accommodation to group accommodation with four calves per hutch; this is possible without moving the calves and mixing them with others. The removable partitions make various layouts possible: 4 x 1, 2 x 2, 1 x 4 (or 1 x 3 and 1 x 1).
- Less space required: the Hybrid requires less space on the yard. You will not require both individual units and group pens. The Hybrid is a combination of individual and group accommodation.
- Convenience: the moving flap at the front of the hutch provides a good view of the calves and allows the cattle farmer to stand upright. As the calves are housed together, the walking distances are short. Experience shows that this system provides a 30% reduction in labour when cleaning, feeding and adding straw compared to conventional systems.
- Easy to clean and disinfect: the Hybrid is made of fibreglass-reinforced polyester with a super-smooth inside coating. This makes the hutch very easy to clean and disinfect. It does not have any corners or joints either in which dirt may gather.